ANYONE CAN PRODUCE PLAYS WITH KIDS
(The Absolute Basics of Staging Your Own At-Home, In-School, Round-the-Neighborhood Plays)
* Written by L.E. McCullough, Ph.D.
* ISBN: 1-57525-151-5
* Retail List Price: $17.00 (check online retailers for other prices)
Anyone Can Produce Plays with Kids provides the absolute basics required to stage your own dramatic productions at home, school and in your community — without incurring unreasonable monetary expense or unwarranted blood pressure increase.
“An essential tool for any teacher looking to inspire
their students with classroom drama.”
Anyone Can Produce Plays with Kids gives you the absolute basics required to stage your own plays at home, school and in your community — without incurring unreasonable monetary expense or unwarranted blood pressure increase.
Parts One through Seven show the how-to basics of playmaking, from organizing a company and selecting a script to assembling costumes and props, running rehearsals and handling the production's technical aspects. Part Eight translates theory into action by presenting three plays in detail from top to bottom.
Making plays with kids is a simple, family-centered activity, a potent learning tool for children, a proven method of helping children acquire vital social and communication skills — and the absolute best way you'll ever find to feel like a kid again yourself.
Anyone Can Produce Plays with Kids includes:
* Foreword: Why Produce Plays with Kids?
* Part One - Creating the Company
* Part Two - Choosing a Script
* Part Three - Getting Prepped
* Part Four - Assembling the Cast
* Part Five - Tech Stuff
* Part Six - Rehearsing the Show
* Part Seven - Don't Forget the Audience
* Part Eight - Three Plays from Top to Bottom
— Little Orphan Annie
— How the People Got Fire
— The Story of Silent Night
* Glossary of Theatre Terms
* Bibliography of Helpful Books